Code Review Committee
- Meetings called as necessary
- City Hall
900 Quay St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The Code Review Committee is made up of seven members that serve three-year terms:
- James Check, member, electrical contractor - term expires January 1, 2016
- Jeffrey Check, member, real estate broker - term expires January 1, 2017
- Dan Luisier, member, plumbing contractor - term expires January 1, 2018
- Gene Maloney, member, architect - term expires January 1, 2017
- Brandon Bartow, member, home builder - term expires January 1, 2016
- Alderperson Dave Soeldner, Public Infrastructure Committee Member - term expires April 16, 2018
- Alderperson Mike Howe, Public Safety Committee Member - term expires April 16, 2018
- City Attorney, Advisor
- Plumbing Inspector, Advisor
- Electrical Inspector, Advisor
- City Engineer, Advisor
- City Planner, Advisor
- Fire Chief, Advisor
- Police Chief, Advisor
- Director of Building Inspection, secretary, Advisor
The Code Review Committee to be composed of an architect, a home builder, a plumbing contractor, an electrical contractor, a real estate broker, and two members of the Common Council. The citizen members shall be appointed by the Mayor subject to confirmation of the Common Council for terms of three years. Terms shall be from 12:00 a.m. on January 1, until 12:00 a.m. on the January 1 three years later. All persons shall serve until a successor qualifies. Vacancies shall be filled for an unexpired term only. The Mayor shall nominate members for the Code Review Committee at the first Council meeting in November of each year, and the Council shall accept or reject the recommendations at the meeting of the Council in December of each year. In case of rejections, the Mayor shall make alternate nominations as soon as practicable. No person shall serve unless approved by the Council. The following City Employees are herewith appointed advisors to the Committee: City Attorney, Plumbing Inspector, Electrical Inspector, Director of Public Infrastructure, City Planner, Fire Chief, Police Chief and the Building Inspector.
To make recommendations for the improvement of building, electrical and plumbing codes and code enforcement.