Zoning Board of Appeals
- Meets as needed on the third Tuesday of the month at 5:15 p.m.
- City Hall
900 Quay St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The Zoning Board of Appeals is made up of five members and two alternates that serve three-year terms:
- Donald T. Orth, Chairman, member - term expires June 1, 2015
- Paul M. Steinbrecher, member - term expires June 1, 2015
- Howard B. Zimmerman, member - term expires June 1, 2016
- Joe Mrotek, member - term expires June 1, 2015
- Frank Rodriguez, member - term expires June 1, 2015
- Mike Pappathopoulos, first alternate member - term expires June 1, 2016
- Jean Wakefield, second alternate member - term expires June 1, 2016
- Rick Schwarz, Building Inspection (Secretary), non-member
Appeals to the Board of Appeals may be taken by any person aggrieved or by any officer, department, board, or bureau of the City of Manitowoc affected by any decision or ruling of the Director of Building Inspection made under this ordinance. Such appeal shall be taken within 15 days after the decision or ruling of the Director of Building Inspection, after payment by the aggrieved person of an appeal fee as determined by resolution of the Common Council, and payable at the time of application by filing with the Director of Building Inspection and with the Board a notice of appeal, specifying the grounds therefor, and upon forms provided by the Board. The applicant for a variance shall also pay the total cost of legal publications to the City of Manitowoc. The Director of Building Inspection shall forthwith transmit to the Board all the papers constituting the record upon which the action appealed from was taken.
The Board shall be governed by zoning laws as contained in Section 62.23 of the Wisconsin Statutes and the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Manitowoc.