It is the vision of the Manitowoc Fire Department to provide friendly, compassionate, and quality service to the citizens and visitors of Manitowoc.
It is the mission of the Manitowoc Fire Department to utilize the cooperative efforts of supervisory and line personnel to protect the lives and property of our citizens and those who visit our community.
When the well-being of citizens or their property is threatened, the Fire Department responds as a part of their public service. In addition, the Fire Department handles the following responsibilities and programs:
- Fire Suppression
- Paramedic Ambulance Response
- Emergency Medical First Response by EMT-D Engine Companies
- Public Education
- Fire Code Enforcement
- Specialized Rescue
- Project Childsafe
- Smoke Detector Installations
- Carbon Monoxide Investigations
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Fire Investigation
- Employee Training