Spring clean-up in the City of Manitowoc is changing for 2018. To allow more time for property owners to clean up yard waste (leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste) spring clean-up is being changed. The first two weeks of spring cleanup will be for brush ONLY (brush including clean woody vegetative material, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs, not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter) and the second two weeks of clean-up will be for yard waste (leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste) ONLY. Crews will go through each area only once for brush and only once for yard waste.
Spring Cleanup 2018 Schedule:
BRUSH PICKUP (Brush consists of clean woody vegetative material not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs)
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 2nd THROUGH April 6th, 2018
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – April 9th THROUGH April 13th, 2018
YARD WASTE (Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste)
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – April 16th THROUGH April 20th, 2018
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 23rd THROUGH April 27th, 2018
These dates are subject to change based on weather. Please check www.manitowoc .org, the City of Manitowoc Facebook page, or contact the Streets and Sanitation Division at 920-686-6550 for updates.
A parking ban ordinance has been put in place for Spring Cleanup. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN FRONT OF GARDEN WASTE, BRUSH, AND/OR LEAF AND RAKING PILES on City streets during the week of pickup from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Vehicles parked on the street in front of any debris piles will be ticketed.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- To insure pick-up, all material must be placed on the terrace (between the sidewalk and curb) by 7:00 am on the specified MONDAY of your scheduled week, BUT NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED PICKUP WEEK. There will be a minimum $100.00 charge for material picked up after the initial pickup on your street.
- Pick up on each street will be ONE TIME ONLY for brush and ONE TIME ONLY for yard waste.
- Brush, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs are to be kept separate from rakings (thatch material).
- Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste.
- Pickup is limited to one truckload per property.
- Bagged materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Crews WILL NOT pick up the following:
- Lumber, garbage, animal droppings, broken concrete, refuse, fill, demolition material, edgings, yard debris greater than six (6) inches in diameter or longer than five (5) feet in length, including stumps, roots, or shrubs with intact bulbs, or debris in bags, buckets, or garbage cans.
- Materials WILL NOT be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
City residents that choose not to utilize the city pickup or wish to have additional pickups may contact a private hauler or take brush/yard debris to the county compost sites. For more information about the County compost sites, call 683-4333.
For additional information regarding Spring Cleanup, contact the Department of Public Infrastructure – Streets and Sanitation Division at 686-6550.
Sign up to receive this and other important information about the City of Manitowoc by text or e-mail. Go to www.manitowoc.org. Click on the Notify Me button. Follow the directions at the top of the page and under the News Flash category, choose whatever categories you are interested in.