The City of Manitowoc public ice skating rink will be opening for the 2019 season at 7 AM on Friday, January 18th, weather permitting. The portable rink is set up in the parking lot in the 700 block of Quay Street, which adjoins Burger Boat Park. There is no cost to skate; however, you must bring your own skates as skate rental is not available. Benches and picnic tables around the rink are available for those wishing to rest or change footwear. At times, the rink may be closed for certain periods in order to smooth it over with more water. Signs will be posted when it is closed for this or other reasons. You can also check the City of Manitowoc Facebook page for updates.
The 2019 ice rink is made possible by Briess Malt & Ingredients Company, Novak’s Service Center, Keller Structures, Aspire Real Estate, and the City of Manitowoc.
Ice Skating Rink Rules:
1) Open daily 6:00am to 11:00pm (normal park hours).
2) Skate at your own risk – skating can be a dangerous activity that could result in serious injury.
3) Children 10 and under require adult supervision.
4) Recreational skating only – hockey or games of chase may only be done with prior approval (contact the Parks Office at (920) 686-3580).
5) Skate in a counter-clockwise direction.
6) In case of emergency, call 911.
7) Please follow all other general park rules while skating.
The City of Manitowoc takes pride in our public parks. If you see someone violating these rules, call the Police Department at 686-6500. Violators will be banned from public parks. Also, smile, the City of Manitowoc may be using video surveillance cameras.
For additional information, contact the Department of Infrastructure – Parks Division between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm, Monday – Friday at 686-3580, or visit the website at www.manitowoc.org.
NEWS FLASH AND EMERGENCY ALERT TEXTS OR E-MAILS
Sign up for News Flash and/or Emergency Alert texts or e-mails about activities in the City by going to www.manitowoc.org. Click on the Notify Me button and follow the instructions.