Burger Boat Company Park
- Ice Skating
Burger Boat Company Park is an urban park that was created during reconstruction of the Eighth Street bridge. This 0.70 acre park abuts the south side of the Manitowoc River and provides passive recreation to residents and tourists within the downtown business district.
The park makes a great connection for the river and downtown walkway system. Current facilities include benches, lighting, scenic vistas, flagpole, farmer’s market location, and fisherman’s wharf.
When open, the portable rink is set up in the parking lot in the 700 block of Quay Street, which adjoins Burger Boat Park. There is no cost to skate; however, you must bring your own skates as skate rental is not available. Benches and picnic tables around the rink are available for those wishing to rest or change footwear. At times, the rink may be closed for certain periods in order to smooth it over with more water. Signs will be posted when it is closed for this or other reasons. You can also check the City of Manitowoc Facebook page for updates.
The 2019 ice rink was made possible by Briess Malt & Ingredients Co., Novak’s Service Center, Keller Structures, Aspire Real Estate, and the City of Manitowoc.
1) Skating hours 6 am to 11 pm
2) Skate at your own risk – skating can be a dangerous activity, that could result in serious injury
3) Children 10 and under require adult supervision
4) Recreational skating only – hockey or games of chase may only be done with prior approval (contact the Parks Office at 920-686-3580.
5) Please skate in a counter-clockwise direction
6) In case of emergency, call 911
7) Please follow all other general park rules while skating.
The City of Manitowoc takes pride in our public parks. If you see someone violating these rules, call the Police Department at 686-6500. Violators will be banned from public parks. Also, remember to smile as the City of Manitowoc may be using video surveillance cameras.