A Snow Emergency will be declared when it is necessary to minimize the number of parked vehicles on streets.
At any time during the year when snow conditions require, snow plowing operations are imminent, or in the interest of public safety, the Mayor is authorized to call a Snow Emergency prohibiting parking on any City street between 1:00am and 6:00am per City Ordinance 10.410.1-2.
A $50.00 citation will be issued to anyone parking on a City street during a Snow Emergency.
Snow Emergency information is available on:
- Manitowoc Cable Channel 4
- Streets and Sanitation (Public Works) Hotline @ 686-6555
- City of Manitowoc Homepage
- Herald Times Reporter (If contacted prior to noon the day before the storm)
- You can also sign up to receive a Weather Emergency Alert email or text message by clicking "Notify Me" and signing up for Emergency Alerts