Room Tax Allocation Board
- Meetings called as necessary.
900 Quay Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda l View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes l View All
The Room Tax Allocation Board is made up of five voting members serving two year terms.
- Nic Sparacio, Community Development Director
- Liysa Callsen, Citizen Member
- Roger Russove,Citizen Member
- Caryn Gates, Hotel or Other Service Industry Owner/Manager
- Mayor Justin M. Nickels, ex. officio member
- Jason Ring, President of Manitowoc Area Visitor and Convention Bureau, ex. officio member
The Room Tax Allocation Board is created, with five voting members who shall be appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Common Council for two year terms. The Mayor and President of the Manitowoc Area Visitor and Convention Bureau shall serve as Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members with indefinite terms. The following professional disciplines shall be represented on the Room Tax Allocation Board: City of Manitowoc Community Development Director, Hotel or Other Service Industry Owner/Manager, Common Council Member, and two (2) Citizen Members at Large with an appropriate perspective on this community as a tourism destination.
The Room Tax Allocation Board shall administer Room Tax Funds for tax exempt non-profit organizations and projects that support and compliment the mission of drawing visitors to the City of Manitowoc through attractions, activities, events, and functions that positively reflect the best qualities of Manitowoc.