- Meetings Called As Necessary
- City Hall, 900 Quay Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda l View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes l View All
- Justin M. Nickels, Mayor, term expires April 17, 2017
- Alderperson Jim Brey, Council President, term expires April 17, 2017
- Alderperson Scott McMeans, Finance Committee Chair, term expires April 17, 2017
- Alderperson Eric Sitkiewitz, Common Council Alternate, term expires April 17, 2017
- Nic Sparacio, Community Development Director
- Vacant, Wisconsin Lodging Industry Representative
The Room Tax Commission shall consist of six members: the Mayor, the Community Development Director, the Common Council President, the Finance Committee Chair, the Parks & Recreation Committee Chair or their alternate as approved by the Common Council, and a representative of the Wisconsin Lodging Industry. The representative of the lodging industry shall be an adult resident of the City, appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by a majority vote of the Common Council members who are present when the vote is taken. Members shall serve without additional compensation beyond any regular salary from the City.
The Room Tax Commission shall have the powers and duties prescribed by Wis. Stat. § 66.0615 and shall have the authority to dispense all room tax dollars received by the City as permissible under state law. Any contract entered into by the Commission shall be approved by the Common Council. The Commission shall elect from among its members a chairperson, vice chairperson and secretary. No person may serve as chairperson more than three years in any five-year period.