Ordinance 10.530 Twenty-Four Hour Parking:
No vehicle shall be parked on those portions of 8th and Washington Streets not included within the limits described in MMC 10.390
or on any other street within the City of Manitowoc, in one place or on any municipally owned parking lot located within the City limits, longer than 24 consecutive hours.
Ordinance 10.430 Parking Regulations for Street Sweeping: Beginning April 1st through September 30th of each year parking restrictions shall be in effect for the City of Manitowoc for the purpose of street sweeping. Street Sweeping Regulations and Map
Ordinance 10.410 Parking Regulated December 1 to March 31 (Winter Ban Parking):
(1) There shall be no parking on all marked State or Federal highways, County Trunk Highways, City bus routes, any industrial truck routes specified in MMC 10.750
, in any municipal parking lot (with the exception of leased stalls) or in other designated streets in the City of Manitowoc during the months of December, January, February and March of each year between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Ordinance 10.410(2) Snow Emergency Parking Ban:
(2) In addition to the parking restrictions of subsection (1) of this section, the Mayor may at any time during the year when snow conditions require, or snow plowing operations are imminent, or in the interest of public safety, restrict or prohibit parking on any or all streets in the City of Manitowoc as necessary. The Mayor shall announce the exercise of the powers granted in this subsection (2) over local radio stations and, when time permits, in a local newspaper.
The Mayor shall announce the exercise of the powers granted in this subsection (2) over local radio stations (WOMT 1240 or WCUB - 980) and, when time permits in a local newspaper (Herald Times Reporter).
Other sources for Snow Emergency Parking Ban information can be located at the following:
- City of Manitowoc Website
- Channel 4 - City of Manitowoc information channel through Comcast Cable
- 24 hr. Snow Emergency Hotline - (920) 683-4555