Manitowoc Police Department
910 Jay Street
Phone: (920) 686-6592
Fax: (920) 686-6588
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Manitowoc Police Department strives to hire the best police officers to serve our community. The duties of a patrol officer is to serve and protect the citizens of Manitowoc. The patrol officer must have working knowledge of federal laws, state statutes, and city ordinances and must also exhibit a considerable amount of discretion and initiative when dealing with the citizens of the community. The patrol officer must be physically fit, be able to perform all essential functions of a police officer, and must be able to use all standard police equipment, techniques, and use of force options.
- United States citizen
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license
- Associate's degree in police science or sixty semester hours of undergraduate credits in a law enforcement related field, or an equal amount of law enforcement experience
- Meet minimum requirements as set forth by Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board
- No felony convictions; no domestic abuse convictions
- Vision corrected to 20/20
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you have questions please contact the Manitowoc Police Department at 920-686-6572.