How to Run For Office
- 18 Years of Age
- Elector/Resident of the City of Manitowoc
- Alderperson candidates must reside in their respective district
- Completion of Campaign Registration Statement - Form ETHCF-1. File when candidacy is publicly announced, before circulating nomination papers or expending/receiving funds for candidacy.
- Completion of Declaration of Candidacy - Form EL-162
- Completion of Nomination Papers - Form EL-169.
- Mayor and municipal judge candidates must collect 200 (minimum) to 400 (maximum) signatures of qualified city electors.
- Alderperson candidates must collect 20 (minimum) to 40 (maximum) signatures of qualified electors within their district.
- Nomination papers for offices to be filled at the spring election may be circulated no sooner than December 1 preceding the election and may be filed no later than 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election, or the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
- Incumbents not seeking re-election must file a Notification of Noncandidacy - Form EL-163
- Municipal judge candidates must complete and submit a Statement of Economic Interests to the Government Accountability Board (G.A.B.) (212 East Washington Avenue, 3rd Floor, P.O. Box 7984, Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7984, Phone: (608) 266-8005) no later than the 3rd day following the last day for filing nomination papers.
Deadline for filing above forms: Forms must be filed with the Manitowoc City Clerk, 900 Quay Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220 (we cannot accept faxed or e-mailed documents). All forms must be filed by 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election, or 5:00 p.m. the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
Please click the link below for the City of Manitowoc Map:
Aldermanic District/Ward Map