Bus Service During COVID-19
Beginning Monday, May 4th, Maritime Metro Transit will offer bus service on a limited basis.
- Routes 1, 2, & 3 will operate on an hourly schedule from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
- These routes service all of Two Rivers and the most popular routes in Manitowoc and allow people to get to approximately 90% of the medical facilities and stores as well as many job sites.
- Transportation on Saturdays and for those who are unable to get to routes 1, 2, & 3 will continue to be provided through Assist to Transport for those with medical, nutritional, and employment needs. Rides will be evaluated and prioritized based on need and will cost $3.00 per ride. No rides will be approved for any social or recreational purpose, and rides are limited to the cities of Manitowoc and Two Rivers. Please call the MMT office at (920) 686-3560 to see if you qualify and to arrange a ride.
- Routes 1 & 2 will rotate every other hour. (This will accommodate bathroom breaks for the bus drivers only at the Transfer Center.)
- Passengers will only be able to enter through the rear door in order to protect the bus drivers. Exceptions will be made for those with mobility devices.
- Ridership will be limited to 10 people or less per bus. Passengers should sit in the designated spots that will be marked for you in order to maintain social distancing and keep 6’ away from others.
- Only one mobility device allowed at a time on each bus.
- All riders will be required to have a destination. Joy riding will not be allowed.
- Bus rides will be free! (The City of Manitowoc will be reimbursed by the federal government under the CARES Act.)
- The lobby of the Transfer Center will remain closed to the public.
- There will be an employee working 5 hours each day to keep the buses clean and safe for both riders and drivers.
Please call the MMT office at (920) 686-3560 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., if you have any questions.