The Rahr-West Art Museum is dedicated to serving as a resource and learning tool for your students and families. There are an infinite number of ways to use our collection when teaching a variety of subjects or engaging your children with visual arts. Below you will find image galleries, videos, pamphlets, and lesson plans designed to engage you with our art. We hope that you find this useful and encourage you to contact us with any feedback or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Museum Collections
- Virtual Exhibit on ArtSteps
- Rahr-West Art Museum Virtual Annex on ArtSteps (note: this may takes a long time to load depending on your hardware and connection speed)
- How to navigate the exhibit on the ArtSteps app (YouTube link 3:18)
- How to navigate the exhibit on a computer in a web browser (YouTube link 4:08)
- Silent Tour of the Virtual Annex (YouTube link 2:45)
- Notes on the Virtual Exhibit
- This exhibit was designed to highlight the works used in the educational lessons below and allow students and patrons to engage with our collections in a new way during our closure due to COVID-19.
- This exhibition looks best if you download the ArtSteps app on a compatible cell phone or tablet. It does not require a Virtual Reality Headset but is compatible if you have one.
- Rahr-West Art Museum YouTube Channel
- Museum Education Image Gallery
- This gallery contains all of the images used in the lessons and activities below.
Lesson and Resource Menu
|History and Architecture||The Vilas-Rahr Mansion|
|Looking at Art||Elements of Art|
|Looking at Art||Principals of Design|
|Looking Deeper||American Modernism|
|Looking Deeper||Gallery Activities|
|Planning Your Visit||Pre- and Post-Visit Activities|
|Extend Your Learning||Mini-Lessons|