Contractor Licensing

The City of Manitowoc enforces the credentials and licenses as required by the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services SPS 305 Licenses, Registrations and Certification Codes. In addition, citizens and contractors should be aware of the following information:

Building projects Single and Two Family

Local officials issuing building permits for one- or two- family dwellings are required to check for proof that the contractor or applicant possesses a State of Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Certification and a State of Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification. Owner-occupants of a one- or two- family dwelling are exempt from this requirement. This exemption does not apply to one- or two- family rental units.

Additional Information

For more information regarding state credentialing and licensing requirements please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services Credentialing Unit at (608) 266-2112 or (877) 617-1565 or please view: