Classes & Programs
Some of the classes and programs offered include:
- Bus tours and day trips
- Computer classes
- Craft classes
- Fitness classes
- Monthly movies
- Travelogue films
- Weaving classes
- Weekly card and board games
- Weekly music
- Knitting & Crocheting classes
& MONTHLY CALENDAR
The Senior Center has blood pressure screening, educational classes and presentations, themed parties and much more.
For more information and a calendar of events, please view News Notes.
INCOME TAX APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLEIncome Tax Preparation will be available at the Manitowoc Senior Center on Tuesday mornings beginning February 6, 2018. Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling 686-3060. Appointments are 1 hr in length. Please arrive 10 min. prior to your scheduled appointment and have all your paperwork and intake forms prepared ahead of time.
Please bring with you all the following:
- W2's, 1099's and any other income and expense records along with last year’s returns.
- Property Tax bill or rent certificate signed by your landlord.
- Everyone will be asked to fill out intake forms with basic information before taxes are done. **PLEASE PICK UP AHEAD OF TIME at the Manitowoc Senior Center and have them filled out prior to your appointment..
* Please understand that this service is reserved for the elderly age 50 and older, the disabled and low income ($50K or less).
Our preparers are trained to prepare basic Federal and State returns including Homestead returns. They are unable to complete returns involving rental property income, sale of home for loss, bankruptcy, foreclosure, etc. Returns will be filed electronically only.
*This is a free service provided by VITA/TCE & the AARP Tax-Aide in cooperation with the IRS and WDR. *Donations accepted. All donations benefit the Manitowoc Senior Center.
Are you looking for a unique gift idea or for someone to finish a quilt you have started? Volunteers at the Manitowoc Senior Center offers quilt tying to the public for a small fee. All you need to do is bring in your fabric (washed, cut and sewn to size), batting, yarn and thread and our volunteers will piece it all together for you and hem the edges. All sizes are accepted, from crib to king size. *Please allow a minimum of two weeks for completion. Call 920-686-3060 for more details
If you're looking for something to do, just ask. If we don't have it, we can see if others are interested and we can create it. To request a class or program or if you have any questions, please call us at (920) 686-3060.