Late Payment Schedule
If you wish to pay for your parking ticket, payment must be made in the appropriate time amount prescribed for the violation, within 15 calendar days of the issuance of the parking ticket. Failure to pay or contest your parking ticket within the given time will result in additional penalties.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will suspend your vehicle registration and refuse registration of any of your vehicles if you fail to pay or do not contest the parking ticket with 45 days from the issue date.
Late Payments: Parking Tickets payment schedule:
- $10.00 late fee after 15 days, but within 30 days
- $25.00 late fee after 30 days, but within 45 days
- $25.00 late fee, plus a $5.00 suspension fee and a $20.00 processing fee after 45 days of non-payment from the date of the initial offense.
- If payment is not made within 45 days, a WI Dept. of Transportation vehicle registration hold will be placed on the vehicle receiving the parking ticket.
- If payment is not made, the City of Manitowoc participates in the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Tax Intercept Program, whereby state income tax refunds may be intercepted for the unpaid amount.