Ordinance 25 - Introduction
25.010 Scope. Ordinance shall apply to the City of Manitowoc Wastewater Facilities as hereinafter defined in Section 25.030(88) and all appurtenances thereof. This Ordinance shall also apply to all storm and sanitary sewers, building drains, building sewers, and private interceptor sewers existing or to be constructed in the City of Manitowoc.
(1) Sewer Use. It is the purpose of Section 25.040 of this Ordinance to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public,to prevent misuse, abuse, or breakdown of the Wastewater Facilities, to obtain the maximum practical reduction of wastewater entering the Wastewater Facilities, to protect the receiving waters from pollution, and to regulate the construction and use of all 25-4 rev. 02/08/10 sewers and drains connected to the sewer systems and wastewater facilities of the City of Manitowoc.
Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES)
Types of Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES) Wastewater Permits
The DNR, through the Bureau of Watershed Management, regulates the discharge of pollutants to waters of the state. The DNR currently has 5 types of Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES) Wastewater permits. This page contains basic information on each of them. For more specific information on WPDES Wastewater permits, contact your local WPDES Wastewater Permit Staff.
- Outline of WPDES Wastewater Discharge Permit Format
- Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permits
- Municipal Wastewater Discharge Permits
- Pretreatment Permits
- General Wastewater Discharge Permits
- Other WPDES Permits