Weather & Cancellation Policy
Conditions for Closing the Pool
Decisions on pool closings will be made by the pool manager/supervisor. Determining factors contributing to pool closure/swim lesson cancellations include:
- Patron load: If in any given one hour there are less than 20 patrons inside the facility, the pool may be closed.
- Severe weather: Severe weather may consist of constant rain, lightning, and/or thunder.
- Severe weather warnings issued for the Manitowoc Country Area: The pool will go on hold for the duration of the warning.
- The pool manager/supervisor may decide to go into a holding procedure. A holding procedure means keeping all patrons out of the water a minimum of 30 minutes after the last lightning or thunder.
- The pool will remain open for the first two hours of the day. If there are less that 20 patrons the facility will close and reopen at 3:30 pm for two hours. If there are less that 20 patrons after two hours again the facility will remain closed for the rest of the day.
- Water temperature: If the water temperature is 65 degrees or below (as stipulated by the state code), the pool will be closed.