Click here to fill out the necessary interest form and return it to the address on the bottom of the form.
Summary of Job
Election Inspectors are the gatekeepers of Democracy. They are vital to efficient and honest elections. Election Inspectors proudly conduct elections with accuracy, integrity and dignity. Join the team of caring individuals who help ensure a basic right of citizenship to vote in a fair, free election. Pay is $120 for election day plus $15 for attending instructional meeting.
- Responsible for administering election procedures in each polling place.
- Organize the polling place before the polls open
- Register voters and issue ballots to registered voters
- Provide instructions and assistance to voters
- Explain use of the voting equipment
- Process absentee ballots
- Assemble returns and close the polling place
- Assist in the delivery of election returns
- Be a qualified elector of the county, although residency in the City of Manitowoc is preferred
- Have clerical skills and be able to solve problems and be an effective communicator
- Work well in a team environment and enjoy people and service to others
- Be willing to work a long day as a service to your community
- NOT be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
This position must possess the ability to communicate effectively with voters; clearly explain voting procedures to voters; perform calculations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and the ability to assess and handle situations with irate customers in a calm manner by exercising good judgment, decisiveness, tact and courtesy.