Brush pick up has been completed for the City. Yard waste pickup (leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste) will be delayed one week due to weather. Please remember that all yard waste must be placed on the terrace by 7:00 am on Monday of your scheduled week.
Spring Clean-up Updated 2019 Schedule:
BRUSH PICK UP
Complete for 2019.
YARD WASTE (Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste)
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – April 22nd THROUGH April 26th, 2019
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 29th THROUGH May 3rd, 2019
These dates are subject to change based on weather. Please check www.manitowoc .org, City of Manitowoc Facebook page or contact the Streets and Sanitation Division at 920-686-6550 for updates.
A parking ban ordinance has been put in place for Spring Cleanup. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN FRONT OF GARDEN WASTE, BRUSH, AND/OR LEAF AND RAKING PILES on City streets during the week of pickup from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Vehicles parked on the street in front of any debris piles will be ticketed.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- To insure pick-up, all material must be placed on the terrace (between the sidewalk and curb) by 7:00 am on the specified MONDAY of your scheduled week, BUT NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED PICKUP WEEK. There will be a minimum $100.00 charge for material picked up after the initial pickup on your street.
- Pick up on each street will be ONE TIME ONLY for brush and ONE TIME ONLY for yard waste.
- Brush, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs are to be kept separate from rakings (thatch material).
- Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste.
- Pickup is limited to one truckload per property.
- Bagged materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Crews WILL NOT pick up the following:
- Lumber, garbage, animal droppings, broken concrete, refuse, fill, demolition material, edgings, yard debris greater than six (6) inches in diameter or longer than five (5) feet in length, including stumps, roots, or shrubs with intact bulbs, or debris in bags, buckets, or garbage cans.
- Materials WILL NOT be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
City residents that choose not to utilize the city pickup or wish to have additional pickups may contact a private hauler or take brush/yard debris to the county compost sites. For more information about the compost sites, call 683-4333.
For additional information regarding Spring Clean-up, contact the Department of Public Infrastructure – Streets and Sanitation Division at 686-6550.
Sign up to receive this and other important information about the City of Manitowoc by text or e-mail. Go to www.manitowoc.org. Click on the Notify Me button. Follow the directions at the top of the page and under the News Flash category, choose whatever categories you are interested in.