NOTICE OF WINTER PARKING REGULATIONS
CITY OF MANITOWOC
THIS NOTICE REFLECTS RECENT ORDINANCE CHANGE ADOPTED OCTOBER 2019
(1) Winter Parking Regulations. There shall be no parking on all marked state or federal highways, county trunk highways, City bus routes, any industrial truck routes specified in Section 10.750 of the Municipal Code, in any municipal parking lot (with the exception of leased stalls) or on other posted streets in the City of Manitowoc during the months of December, January, February and March of each year between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. when a "Winter Parking Ban" is declared by the Mayor or designee per Section 10.410 (1) of the Municipal Code.
(2) Vehicles parked in violation of the above winter parking regulations are subject to a $50.00 forfeiture.
(3) Snow Emergency Regulations. In addition to the above parking restrictions, the Mayor may at any time during the year when snow conditions require, when snow plowing operations are imminent, or in the interest of public safety, restrict parking in the following manner:
(a) The Mayor may prohibit parking on any or all streets in the City of Manitowoc between the hours of 1:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.
(b) The Mayor may prohibit parking on the streets described above, or a portion of such streets, during such hours of the day as public safety may require.
(c) The Mayor shall announce the exercise of the powers granted in this subsection (3) over local radio stations and when time permits, in local newspapers.
(4) Vehicles parked in violation of the above snow emergency regulations are subject to a $75.00 forfeiture.
(5) In addition, vehicles parked in violation of the above regulations for more than 24 hours, may be towed away and reclaimed by the owner only after payment of the towing cost plus a per day storage charge. Any vehicles not claimed within 30 days may be disposed of pursuant to Section 16.130 of the Municipal Code.
Justin M. Nickels