What if I don't agree with my assessment?
Talk with the assessor. During this informal session you can learn how your assessment was made, what factors were considered, and what type of records are kept regarding your property. After this review, if you still think the assessment is incorrect, the next step is to file an objection with the Office of the City Clerk. Your objection must be written and must be filed within the appropriate time frame. When you receive your tax bill in December, it is too late to file an objection. Paying your taxes under protest does not constitute an assessment objection unless you have first filed an appeal with the Board of Review.For more information see Assessment Review

Show All Answers

1. How does the Assessor value property?
2. Will I be notified if there is a change in my assessment?
3. What if I don't agree with my assessment?
4. Are there office hours?