Can the City Attorney give me legal advice?
No. The City Attorney represents the City of Manitowoc as a whole, not individual citizens. The office provides legal services to the Mayor, Common Council, and the various departments of the City. The City Attorney cannot give legal advice to private citizens or recommend private attorneys. If you would like legal advice, you need to contact a private attorney or call (800) 362-9082 for the State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service.

Show All Answers

1. Can the City Attorney give me legal advice?
2. Can I call your office to discuss my criminal charges?
3. How can I talk to the City Prosecutor about my citation?
4. I can’t appear for my pretrial conference at the time scheduled. What do I do?
5. Do I need a lawyer in Municipal Court?